Customs Enforcement of IP in E-commerce
- EU/China: China
- Region: Sofitel Guangzhou 988 Guangzhou Da Dao Zhong, Tianhe District, Guangzhou 510620, P.R. China 中国广州市天河区广州大道中988号
- Organised by: IP Key
- Location: Guangzhou
- Date: 20 May 2016
- Time: 15:00 - 17:30
The European Chamber, South China Chapter and Consulates General of EU Member States in Guangzhou, with support from the EU Delegation to China and IP Key Project, are pleased to invite you to a seminar focusing on Customs enforcement of IP in e-commerce.
Customs enforcement of IP in e-commerce
Seminar and cocktail reception,
Keynote address by HE Hans-Dietmar Schweisgut, Ambassador of the European Union to China
In 2015, e-commerce transactions in China reached approximately 480 billion Euros, and by 2020 China’s e-commerce market is expected to be larger than that of Britain, France, Germany, Japan, and the US combined. An incredible amount of branded and knowledge-intensive products, protected by intellectual property (IP), from all over the world are advertised and sold daily in this virtual marketplace. While this presents great opportunities for both Chinese and foreign companies, it also creates an environment in which care must be taken to limit IP infringement by competitors. One way to enforce IP rights in this environment is through engagement with Customs authorities who monitor shipments of products in and out of China.
HE Hans-Dietmar Schweisgut, Ambassador of the European Union to China, will be the guest of honour at this seminar and provide opening remarks. Other presentations will be given by representatives of European and Chinese governments as well as entrepreneur representing e-commerce industry.
- Keynote speech by HE Hans-Dietmar Schweisgut, Ambassador of the European Union to China
- Mike de Wolff, Senior Officer of the Legal Affairs and Experts Team of Customs Schiphol Cargo, the Netherlands
- Frederic Campagnac, Founder and CEO of CLEVY LINKS, member of the European Chamber
- Tao Liu, IRR Section Chief of Legal Affairs Division, Guangzhou Customs
- Xiao Liu, Deputy IPR Section Chief of Legal Affairs Division, Guangzhou Customs
- Jamie Rowlands, Partner of Wragge Lawrence Graham & Co.
For more information please contact Anna Rudawska at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 020 – 38010267/13726821700.